Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today my dad is 70.

Me, hubby J and our five kids, my sis, brother-in-law & their three kids, my brother and his wife, and my other brother are heading to our hometown to spend tomorrow with Dad to celebrate this milestone. Golf will be played, the lake will be swum in, the jet ski will be ridden, and food and drink will be consumed. I am bringing some of those cool sky lanterns to light tomorrow night (seven of them - one for each decade) and hopefully the weather will cooperate. I will post pictures!

And of course, we are bringing gifts. I got my dad the John Adams dvds from the HBO special and also a new golf shirt. Along with the golf shirt is a "coupon" for 18 holes of golf at our club. Hope he takes us up on it!

I'm looking forward to this grand celebration!

No comments: